Send As SMS

Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

Closing The Chapter Entitled Alimony...

The cobwebs and sorrows have been cleared away and the sun did indeed come up today. After more than three days of wondering and worrying about what was to come with the situation with the ex wife, I got confirmation from her that she would indeed sign the papers! Can somebody give me an Amen? Of course this wasn't with out a little drama first... I had put off calling her all week because I wanted her to think I was planning on taking this as far as it could go, and I wasn't worried about whether she would sign or not. Deep down I was very anxious to lay out the case with her again and every time my cell phone would ring I would rush to grab it, hoping it would be her. Today I decided she had had nearly three days to consider it, so I would call her just to see if she had come to her senses. I called and got her voice mail but did not leave a message. About 30 minutes later she called back, but I was on the phone with a customer and didn't answer. She left a message, just saying she had seen I called and had been in a group therapy session at the time. After a little while I called her back and she answered. We had a little small talk about her keeping the kids this weekend, and then I asked her if she had made a decision about signing the papers. She told me that she hadn't, that there had been too much going on with making up the work/tests she had missed while she had been in the hospital. I once again laid out to her all the points I mentioned to you all in the post from Tuesday. She did not seem concerned saying that she didn't think that it would turn out that way, and that it was only my lawyer's opinion. I told her that I am prepared to take it as far as necessary for us to find out and that the odds certainly were not in her favor. She then brought up her belief that she had been coerced to sign the original divorce papers, but I stopped her there and said, "No it wasn't coercion, it was you saving your ass. If you remember you agreed to fire your attorney and sign the papers as long as I dropped the charges against you." Anyway we went back and forth on this and other subjects for a while till I finally said to forget about it. I told her it may cost me some money but it would all be worth it in the end. I said that all I wanted was to cancel out the alimony, all for the sake of the kids, cause we needed that money to use in raising them. But I let her know again that I would take every step necessary to see that this was accomplished. I then told her goodbye and hung up the phone. Thirty minutes later she calls back and immediately says she will sign the papers. She said that she had too much other crap going on in her life and she didn't need this fight too. I ask her what time tomorrow she would go to the lawyers office, she told me 3, and I let her know I would make the appointment for her. I am so glad to have this chapter behind us. Two years is long enough to have had to financially support her while she sat around on her Fat Ass. Thanks to you all for reading and sending the good thoughts! Tomorrow my Mother In Law cometh. What Joy.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?