Send As SMS

Monday, February 06, 2006

 

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu....

Well, it’s been a good ride. I’ve been at the blogging thing now for a little over a year and a half, but I have to bring it to an end. I’ve been contemplating this since right after the first of the year and finally I’ve decided to take the step and do what I know needs to be done. My blog has become a dangerous addiction to me. So dangerous that I find it hard to focus on anything else during the day. I’m constantly thinking of ideas to post, writing posts, checking comments, reading other blogs and leaving my thoughts on many of your sites. This takes away from the important things I need to be doing during the hours of 9-5. When I started back in July of ‘04 I never dreamed it would become such a domination of my time. I’m averaging somewhere between 500 and 600 hits a day and knowing I’m being read so much makes it hard for me to turn my attention away. I’m constantly trying to maintain the blog and think of how to create more excitement to keep the readers happy. This has got to end. So I bid you farewell, and it’s very difficult for me. You can’t imagine how difficult. This blog has become, in a weird way, like a child to me. Giving it up is going to be hard. Without it I wouldn’t have made the friends I have. Knowing, and having a relationship with many of you has made my life so much better. But I’m not giving up the friends, only the blog. I’ll still visit and read your blogs, and I hope to have to opportunity to keep in touch with you all via email and instant messenger, when I can. Thank you all for reading and thanks for making the past year and a half of my life something special.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?