Send As SMS

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Reporting Live from the Food Show...

Modern technology is wonderful. Thanks to this wireless internet connection here where the Food Show is being held I can take time between customers to work on this post, check my gmail and read some blogs. I’m glad of that, let me tell you…this has been a LONG day and there is still three and a half hours to go. I’ve been standing here in this booth since 8 o’clock this morning. Yeah, my dogs are barking big time. Food Shows can be fun though. If you haven’t been to one, allow me to paint you a picture. Imagine a large convention center sized room filled with every kind of foodservice product imaginable. Most booths have their perspective company’s food cooked, displayed and ready to sample. Within fifty steps of me there is a virtual smorgasbord of tasty temptations. There is prime rib, ham and turkey sitting on cutting boards, under lights, sliced and ready to eat. There is seafood, every type…fried, grilled, you name it. To my right there’s a table with steam table pans full of ten kinds of hearty soups. There are biscuits, gravy, sausage and bacon. Down on the left is the desert section…my God at the choices there; cakes, cookies, pies, exotic looking concoctions, ice cream…it’s a little slice of heaven, right here in Alabama. Unfortunately for those of us on the low carb diet there are few choices, but rest assured I haven’t gone hungry. I’ve torn into my share of the prime rib and naked chicken wings! Oh yeah, I don’t think I’ve mentioned until now that the Chuckster’s finally gotten his ass in gear and resolved to drop the fourth quarter weight gain. I’ve been terribly lazy over the past four months or so and sucked down one too many pizzas. The diet is working though, since Monday I’ve lost ten pounds. Now I need to get back into some kind of workout routine. Over all this Show has been pretty good. It’s been fairly busy, which certainly helps the time fly. I’ve been working on this post for a little over an hour now, between talking with customers and checking voice mail. But I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t ready to go. Yeah, it’s great talking to people, and selling them my products is a rush, but standing on my feet for ten hours….nah, not so fun. Three more hours to go….

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?