Send As SMS

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Good Luck for a New Year....

I thought I’d get a first post of the new year up and in the books, then get my butt to work. As many of you know I’ve been off for quite a few days now and I need to get busy catching up, but that can wait a few more minutes. On New Years Day I made, for the first time, a traditional Southern meal. I’m not sure about those of you outside of the South, but down here you’re supposed to eat black eye peas on the first day of the year (the food, not the band). I’d always known they were supposed to bring you good luck, but while talking to Snagley on Saturday I learned something else. According to Snag you’ll get a dollar of income for every pea you eat. Well if that’s truly the case then I should end up making a little over $500,000 this year! It’s true...my gut and toilet can confirm. Seriously though, I went all out. Not being a big fan of the black eye pea I resolved to make them a little different. I won’t go into details, but needless to say they were quite good. I made more of a soup with ham, tomato and onion. Of course I had to make collard greens, and let me tell you....holy crap they were good. Then there was the corn bread. I should really consider opening a Soul Food restaurant somewhere. I think I could have people lining up outside the door if I did! But enough bragging.... The past few days have been pretty uneventful around here. Susan has been under the weather, so we’ve pretty much just sat around watching televison and movies. Yesterday we took down the Christmas tree and stashed everything back up in the attic. I have never kept a tree up this long in all my adult life. It had been a fixture in our livingroom since like November 20th, and it was time for it to go. Now I’ll have to get used to that empty spot in the corner. Trooper has already reclaimed it for the spot where his big doggie pillow goes, so it won’t take too long to get used to the emptiness. I know this is usually the time where folks make their resolutions for the new year. I am making some, in case you were wondering, I’m just not going to list them here. That way if I fail I won’t have to worry about the accountability thing! But in all honesty there are several things I intend on changing...things for the better. I’ll fill you all in once the changes have become habits. I promise they’ll make for a better Chuckster! Have a good day!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?