Send As SMS

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

There'll Be Much Mistletoeing...

...and hearts will be glowing, when loved ones are near. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas has once again come and gone. I suppose I’m glad it’s over. Now I dread having to de-decorate and put away all the Christmas stuff. I’m not usually one to leave the crap up through New Years. Once the big day is over, I’m ready to put it all behind me for another year. Hell, we’ve had the tree up since November 20th. That’s long enough in my book. My daughter and son had us up at 6:40am Christmas morning. By nine all the present opening was complete. I like to keep the unwrapping of the gifts orderly and organized. Each person opens one gift at a time, then after admiring said gift, the paper/tissue/etc is put into a garbage bag, and the gift is stacked in the opener’s predetermined spot. Sure, call me a Christmas Nazi, but it works. There won’t be any lost or thrown away goodies with my routine. Later I spent some time helping my daughter figure out how to operate her new iPod nano, and download the software onto her lap top. That little thing is pretty sweet. I may see another one being purchased in a couple months for yours truly. I took the kids to their Mother’s around 11ish so they could open presents with her, then came back and took a two hour nap. I don’t usually take naps, believe it or not, but when I do I’m pretty much guaranteed to have some weird and freaky dreams. Sunday was no exception. I won’t go into too many details but I will say that one of my blogger pals made an appearance in my dream. I dreamt this particular buddy of mine interrupted, and put an end to, me doing something that would compromise my marital vows. But then again, it’s not really cheating if you do it whilst dreaming, right? All day, after my nappage, I cooked our Christmas dinner. People, let me tell you something....I just have to come out and say it....I’m like the best cook ever! Seriously, I could be a head chef in some swanky restaurant or have my own cooking show on The Food Network. My cooking kicks ass! I wish I could post for you here my recipe for Holiday Dressing, but I just can’t. It’s just a too special and exquisite thing. Although all you regular readers are worth it, I can’t risk having random people who pop by here having access to it. Who knows what might become of it then? So, if any of you really want it and want to attempt perfection the next time you’re making a holiday meal, send me an email. Maybe I’ll write it down in a word document and make it available to the privileged few. All in all it was a perfect Christmas here in Chucksterville. My daughter even made the statement, “This was the best Christmas ever!” Aside from seeing the happy looks on their faces as they gazed upon their gifts, what else could be better? I hope you all had a great one too. If you’re heading back to work today, good luck with that. I’m off till next Tuesday, so nana nana boo boo!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?