Send As SMS

Monday, October 17, 2005

 

Randomness on a Monday...

This is an incredible picture...click on it for a better and more detailed view. Can I just say, again, that I love HBO’s original series Rome...this show is awesome. As many of you know, my college degree is in history and I’m just fascinated by all periods. I guess my favorites would have to be medieval European (especially British) history, the American Civil War and the Roman era. I have always been specifically interested in the years of Roman history leading up to, and after the birth of Christ. These late B.C. years (the 50's) are when this HBO series take place, during the rule of Julius Caesar. What I would give if I could travel back in time, just for a couple hours, and witness those days with my own eyes. Luckily this show does that for me. I can see all the political intrigue, fighting and violence, sex and nudity, and general debauchery that went on....right in the comfort of my own livingroom. If you have access to HBO and can watch the show, you really should. They’ll be replaying the first eight episodes in the next week so check the website if you want to catch them all. If you don’t have the channel, I’m sure the first season will be out on DVD sometime before Christmas. It was pretty much a laid back kind of weekend around here for old Chuck. Except for Saturday morning when we had a garage sale. Once again we rounded up all our unwanted crap and arrayed it on tables on the driveway, standing out there for about five hours. It was worth it is suppose. Those few hours of effort netted us around $310 we wouldn’t have had other wise. The rest of the weekend we did some shopping, too much eating and watched some movies. We watched Cursed and The Assassination of Richard Nixon. Both were pretty good, but I really enjoyed the Nixon flick. It was based on a true story and starred Sean Penn. Now I don’t care much for Penn due to his political beliefs, but I can recognize and appreciate great acting when I see it. The man is an awesome actor...he sure has come a long way from the Ridgemont High days! This week should be busy and stressful. Stressful not only because of work, but because of the game this weekend. My Volunteers will be coming down here to Bama to take on the Crimson Tide. I’ll have to be honest, I’m a little worried. I seriously think Tennessee can pull off a victory, but I don’t think it will be easy. Alabama is a good team, but they haven’t played anyone any good yet. So I guess we’ll see....and I have five days to sit around and worry about the outcome. Well, that’s about all I have for now. I’ll holla back later...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?