Send As SMS

Friday, October 07, 2005

 

FRIDAY!!!

This has been a busy and crazy week! I’m glad to see it’s Friday. I am so needing a break. Yesterday I had a couple meetings in the city and between the two I stopped in to see my old college room mate, Bo Snagley. We only caught up for about ten minutes since I had to get to a meeting and he had to get back to work, but it was nice seeing him again. He’s looking pretty good for his age. Snag, I offer you this link....hopefully you’ll take advantage of my suggestion. I was also expecting the arrival of Shumpy and his friend. He was driving his lady friend to her new home in Florida and they were going to stop here and crash with us. I was quite looking forward to meeting and partying a little with old Shump, but unfortunately they were running behind schedule and with traffic and road construction he would have been coming in pretty late. They decided to take a quicker route that would bring them further south than where I live. He’s promised to fly out on some weekend in the future, and he sure as hell better keep his word!! Last night I spend a good while talking with my Mother on the phone. Today they are driving my sister, and all her possessions, to her new home in Kentucky. My sister Meg has landed her first job. She just graduated college back in May and has been interviewing with companies in her field all summer. She was offered several career choices and settled on quite a good one. Her starting salary is around $36,000. That might not sound like much to you and me, but to a 23 year old who’s always only worked part time, that’s pretty good. My folks went up to Ky with her a few weeks ago to help her find an apartment. I guess things are a lot cheaper there than here because they found her a nice and new two bedroom place for around $400 a month. It even has a brand new washing machine and dryer which I found funny since my sister doesn’t know how to operate them. I’ve got a great Mother, and she was always doing everything for us growing up. I remember when I first went off to college I had quite a time trying to figure out how to use a washing machine. Anyway, I’m so proud of my little sis! When I was her age I was already married with a baby on the way. It must be nice to be starting out single and in charge of your own destiny. She’ll do great, I’m sure. We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow there is football of course. Tennessee is hosting Georgia, and hopefully kicking some dawg ass. Sunday we’re going to see the Broadway touring company performance of The Lion King. I hear it’s pretty good. It sure as hell better be...I spent $250 for four tickets! In case you’re wondering, and I’m sure you aren’t, I’ve been adding the posts from my old dot com into the archives in this blog. As it stands now I have all but late July and early August added. Hopefully I’ll have the rest of them up soon....you know, in case your itching to read all the old crap! Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll be talking to you all on Monday!! GO VOLS!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?