Send As SMS

Monday, October 24, 2005

 

Another Recipe and some Football crap...

Well one thing I won’t be doing is naming any of my future offspring after Gerald Riggs or Corey Anderson. Thanks to dumbass mistakes by those two guys, my Tennessee Volunteers lost 6-3 to a lousy Alabama team. I will be the first to say I’m not looking at the Vols through rose colored glasses. They’re not all that good, especially on offense. They have played and lost to three teams, none of which (except maybe Georgia), are any better of a team. In all cases stupid mistakes like fumbles, interceptions and penalties have cost them victories. It just amazes me that this Alabama team is undefeated. Of course they haven’t played anyone, except Tennessee, that was any good. True they beat Florida and UF beat UT, but still....that Florida team isn’t much. Again, if it wasn’t for idiotic mistakes that game would have gone differently. I hope LSU and Auburn beat the crap out of Alabama. Those two games are the only ones left on their schedule that are any good. I say that out of one side of my mouth, but I’d also like to say this out of the other....If Alabama were to win out and go undefeated it’s sad that they most likely won’t get the recognition they’d deserve. Uh, hello? Anyone remember Auburn last year? I read something on Big Orange Michael’s Blog that I’d like to quote here word for word. I happen to agree with him completely... “Also, I hate to say--but unless the anointed chosen two of USC or Texas loses, Bama could be the Auburn of this year--playing in the superior league and getting screwed by the polls and the BCS crap because USC and Texas play inferior schedules and in inferior conferences but were anointed by the media early as the two best teams in America. Sorry, but nothing I've seen from either team shows me they could go .500 in a real conference like the SEC.” Okay, enough about Football. Some of you seemed to show some interest in my chili recipe last Friday so I thought I’d offer you one of my concoctions that I find even more tasty. I offer you here now... Chuck’s Fartastic Southwestern Chicken Soup 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into ½ cubes) 1/4 cup finely cut onion 2 garlic gloves, minced 2 tablespoon olive oil 2 can whole kernel corn, drained 2 can black beans, rinsed and drained 2 can kidney beans, drained 1 can petite tomatoes, undrained 1 can rotel 2 can chicken broth 2 tablespoon chili powder 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 package taco seasoning mix Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a big pot. Cook the chicken in here too till lightly browned and the onions are tender. Add all the other crap and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer till it’s nice and spicy and the chicken is tender. It’s quite good on a chilly evening. I crumble tortilla chips in the bowl and also add shredded cheddar and sour cream when serving. If it doesn’t bring on explosive and aromatic gas I’ll refund your money!! Happy Monday everyone. I took the day off and will be heading to Huntsville for an overnight trip tomorrow. Talk to you all soon.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?