Send As SMS

Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Another New Beginning...

Well it would appear that I've come full circle. I'm back with Blogger, and back at the old What's Up Chuck? blog. Some of you may remember the five months that I was entertaining you from this blog, although back then it looked quite a bit different. There may even be some of you who remember when I was writing on my first blog, Marriage Made On-line. That's been quite a while ago. So why abandon The Chuckster you ask? Well I'm not actually shutting it down, although I'm sure it will go away come April when my year subscription expires. To be honest with you folks I'm giving up on it pretty much because I'm stupid. I'm just not computer savvy enough to be able to work with that blog the way I'd like to. Although I like the idea of having my own domain name and all, I just can't really do much else other than post. As we've seen recently I've had trouble posting pictures (the before and after Trooper pics are now featured in the post below), and I hate being dependant on other's to help me do the kinds of things I would like to have done to my blog. So, I'm back here. Back where it's easy to post pictures, where it's easy to add things to the template and where a dumb ass like me can make every attempt possible to continue to bring you the quality entertainment you've come to expect from your old buddy Chuck! ;-) I think I'll stick with this one for a while. I hope it hasn't been too much an inconvenience to have to click over here to a new site. I hope it wouldn’t be too much to ask you all to kindly update your bookmarks, blog rolls or link lists....Thanks! I actually started thinking about coming back to Blogger about a week ago and it took a phone conversation with Julie, a.k.a. The Queen of Pink, Friday night to seal the deal. Once I finally got her off the phone with my wife, we talked about making the change. With it decided, she began to help me change and add to the blog you’re reading now. I really appreciate all your help and encouragement Julie, you’re the shit! We’ll always have Carnton. I also want to thank all of you who promised, in my last post, that you’d follow me wherever I went in the blogosphere! I’ve actually had a lot of help from some really good friends over the fourteen months I’ve been blogging. This help has been quite effusive. It started with Elizabeth and her helping me figure out the simple html code necessary to add links to my first blog. Then there was Becky who, back in January, set me up with a nice template for this blog. She hooked me up and taught me a lot about working with the template and adding all kinds of stuff. ESSFingers stepped in back in April and totally set up The Chuckster just the way I wanted it. All I literally did with that site was use one of my credit cards to pay for the domain name and the hosting. She did everything else. I’ve certainly had a lot of help from some great people who have made my blogging experience better! Thank you all!! In the near future I’ll be bringing over all the archives from the other blog. I wish there was some way to do it without having to copy and paste each one. It will obviously take some time, but you all have read all that stuff anyway. The only thing that really sucks is that I’ll be losing all of your comments. Oh well, you can’t have it all. I hope you all have taken the time today to remember the terrible events that occurred four years ago. The anniversary of those events has kind of been overshadowed by the disaster on the Gulf Coast, but we still must never forget.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?