Send As SMS

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Recapping The Weekend...

And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night… …that not many of my neighbor’s had to get up and go to work this morning! The homemade firework displays around my house began around 8pm and ended, I think, sometime close to midnight. Of course the better rockets and fireworks were all used up by 10 so that only left the firecrackers and those screaming/whistling things for the later hours. So I ended up laying in bed watching the History Channel while, what sounded like a house to house fighting, took place out side my windows. Good thing it was an interesting show. I hope you all had a great holiday weekend! As you know my kids had been spending a week with my parents in Tennessee. Friday evening Susan and I headed that way to pick them up. My folks and the kids had traveled further north to the other house in Virginia so Susan and I had my parents house to ourselves, once we arrived. We got in around 1am and proceeded to slip out and take a little swim under cover of the darkness of night. I’ll let you imagine the fun we may or may not have had… Later, once Susan was asleep, I sat in the floor of my parent’s master bathroom and read through my Mother’s diaries. I read from 1973 through ‘76. It was interesting reading about “little Charles” (that would be me) and all the things we did back then. So, even though I didn’t get to read any blogs this weekend, I still got to read journals of a sort. Oh, in case you were wondering, my Mother was aware that I was reading them. There is still so many more I hope to have the chance to read. Mom was, and still is, a good chronicler of events. Saturday morning Susan and I began the drive up to the house in Virginia. We stopped before we got out of Knoxville to stock up on our University of Tennessee T-shirts and other things we would be needing for the upcoming football season. The three hour trip to Virginia was uneventful, yet pleasant and soon we were reunited with family, many of which I hadn’t seen in three or more years. The childhood home of my dad and his brothers has been renovated beautifully. For a hundred year old house, it sparkles and shines. I have taken pictures and might post them to one of my albums soon. The rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent talking and eating and sight seeing a bit around town. Sunday afternoon Susan, L and I left and drove two hours to Susan’s Mom’s house back in Tennessee. We decided my daughter T could stay another week and my sister would bring her home this Friday when she comes down for a Kenny Chesney concert here in Birmingham. We stayed up late talking with the MIL then left mid morning yesterday. We got home yesterday afternoon and unpacked, did laundry and cleaned house, then had dinner and went to bed. All in all it was a nice weekend except there was a little more driving than I would have liked. Susan and I were pretty much able to stick to our diets, except we did slip a little yesterday. But it was a national holiday after all. You have to cut lose a little on special occasions, right? In other news FA got her DD’s installed on Friday. I’ve talked to her a couple times since then and she is hurting big time!! Poor thing… I’ll talk with you all later….four day work week ahead!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?