Send As SMS

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Alone In A Hotel...

Why is it that when you are trying to listen in on a conversation someone else is having you can’t really hear them unless you are looking right at them? Imagine if you will…you are sitting at the bar in a restaurant and there is a table full of drunk ass Army folks (very young men and women) and they are talking about sex, drinking and other various fun things. If I look them straight in the face I can hear what they are saying. If I look a bit to their right or left (so as not to appear that I am staring at them directly) I can’t hear hardly much of anything that they are saying. A lot of what they were saying was quite interesting (mentions of anal and oral sex). I just didn’t want to appear to be the “weird dude at the bar” who was listening in on their discussion. It was a good thing that there was a big ass T.V. over their shoulders playing some lame baseball game. At least then I could appear to have a reason to be looking in their direction. How pathetic am I? I am working out of town in Huntsville, Alabama. I have a meeting in the morning then I have to set up for a food show that takes place on Wednesday. I will be back at home sometime on Wednesday evening. Meanwhile I am staying at a hotel that has a very nice hot tub adjacent to the pool. Right now I am feeling the urge to plant my ass out there in said hot tub and wait for someone interesting to come in and sit down next to me. When I walked by earlier, coming back from the restaurant next door, there was a couple chicks in bikinis sitting there. I wonder if they are still out there? Hey, I am only considering going for conversational purposes…

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?