Send As SMS

Saturday, April 16, 2005

 
Okay, I have a question for all you dog loving people out there. I have noticed over the past few weeks that my precious puppy Trooper has made a habit of chasing his tail round and round. He rarely ever catches it, but still it is a bit disturbing to watch. It almost looks like he might have a bit of a mental problem. Now I have seen my fair share of cartoons where a dog chases it's tail, but it is always made out to look like the idiot of the story. Should I be concerned? Should I call the vet? Maybe look into a canine shrink? Okay, so my question to you who have dogs....is this normal activity? It is not like he does it 24/7. Only on rare and special occasions, like tonight as we hung out together in the kitchen. I tried to have a talk with him about what he should expect, in the near future, when he gets neutered. He decided to spend the time during our talk seeing if he could catch his tail with his mouth. I couldn't help thinking, knowing how sharp those teeth are, that if he were to catch it he might not like how it feels. I also thought that if he were to only aim those teeth a little further in he might save me some money on the neutering. I took this picture. It is a bit blurry, but then again he was spinning his body around with enough force to create near tornadic activity.

If you have an opinion on this please let me know.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?