Send As SMS

Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

Running Wide Open....

Today has been a whirlwind of a day. This morning at 8:30 my daughter had an appointment at the orthodontist to have the brackets for her braces put on her teeth. FA took her for the appt. I took the boy to school by 8:15 and returned home minutes after the A/C guy showed up to take a look at my unit. For the next hour he worked on it and I worked here in my office. Around this time T and her Mother returned from the ortho and we had fun looking at the metal in her mouth. I went back to working while the ex and my daughter went up in her room to clean out and organize her crap. Around 11 I decided to be a nice guy and I took all three of us out to lunch. It was ever so fun sitting and eating with my ex wife. She and I have become friends again, but more about that later.... After lunch FA went on her merry way and I got back to work until 1:15 when T and I had to head out to the dentist. She had to have four teeth pulled before they can put the braces wires on her teeth. So we got to her dentist office, signed in and I got engrossed in a Newsweek magazine for the next thirty minutes. T finally asked whether they were ever going to call her back and I realized it had been a while, so I went up to the window to ask. The receptionist chick wasn't even aware we were there. Uh, hello? Why do you have people sign in then? So they quickly got her back and I sat in the waiting room watching Finding Nemo with all the other pediatric dental patients and their parents. An hour later, just as Nemo was being rescued, they called me back to get her. She had two rolls of gauze in her mouth and everything was numb. When we got in the car I told her it looked like she had two bloody tampons in her mouth. She didn't think that was too funny! We got home and I got back to work. My boss is coming to town next Monday and Tuesday and we have a big presentation to give on Monday. I have been trying to get all the details hammered out for his approval. It's been a big focus for me all week. Tomorrow and Saturday we are having another yard/garage sale. With all the changes we have done here in the house we have been able to produce more that we need to get rid of. Susan has tomorrow off so I guess she will be manning the sale most of the morning. Last time she was practically giving shit away. Like a perfectly good high chair for a dollar. Hell, I could have at least got $5 for it. Anyway....Tonight, tomorrow and Saturday are going to be busy, busy. I'll holler back when I can....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?