Send As SMS

Friday, March 11, 2005

 

The MIL Cometh....early....

Some of you know, but most do not, that I will be going out of town tomorrow morning and not returning till next Friday the 18th. We are going with the Mother-In-Law and her best friend to Biloxi on a gambling trip. Susan, her Mom and the friend will return here on Monday but I will stay on for another exciting Food Show! I may have an opportunity to post something and check email this weekend, but after that it will most likely not be happening. I hope you all will be able to do with out "Up Chucking" for a while. The last time I went out of town for a week I opened the old blog up for guest bloggers. I am afraid if I were to do that again my friend Chris might reintroduce "Tubgirl". I doubt y'all could handle that again....If you are not sure what I am talking about here you can go check out Tubgirl's comment and homepage, but I warn you...It is not for those with weak stomachs, and NOT work friendly. Susan's Mom and her friend were supposed to be here today around lunch time, but we got a little surprise yesterday around 6pm when she called to say they were half way here! The kids and I scrambled to get the house somewhat straightened up and they arrived around 9pm. We had a nice time sitting around talking, drinking wine and catching up. Her Mother is a one of a kind woman. She has been divorced from Susan's Dad for like 25 years and has never remarried. She is one of those women who can do it all, and does quite well, with out a man in her life. She is VERY opinionated and will tell you exactly what she thinks, with out sugar coating anything. She is a very successful college president, member of many boards, and good friend to the Governor of Tennessee. But underneath it all she is just a good country woman from the mountains. I am very fortunate to have her as my MIL.

Okay, that's it for now. Like I said I will try to post something this weekend, and maybe I might even squeeze a post out tonight before bed. I hope you all have a great weekend, doing what you enjoy, with those you love, where ever it is you may live.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?