Send As SMS

Saturday, January 22, 2005

 

"Up Chucking"...The beginning of a new blog...

Well here I am. I have moved into a whole now home. As I look around it looks a bit like the old place. Just the name has changed. Hmmm, maybe I should call my realtor and complain! Okay, I took many of your suggestions and I decided to create a new blog. One that is, as of now, pretty much anonymous. No one, other than those of you I sent the link to, know anything about this fresh new blog. It feels kind of nice…I can be as anonymous or revealing as I want to be. I don’t have to worry about my boss, or my wife (as of now) or anyone else that I don’t want to to know about it, to know about it. Ahhhh….it’s nice. Can’t you just smell the fresh new paint? I spent eight months at my old location and I blogged about a lot of shit. I was honest with you all, and I made a whole lot of friends. The past eight months have been a incredible experience but things, as you may know, got a little out of hand. The old blog became known to a few people. People I never would have dreamed of telling, had I been sober, so here I go….starting over from scratch. In case you are worried, or wondering, I do not intend to keep this from my wife. I assume I will share this new blog with her…..someday…. I want to thank all of you that gave me good advice/comments on the second to last post of my old blog. Your suggestions that I “move” helped solidify the feeling that I already had that I should start up a new one. “What’s Up Chuck” may be an interesting title for a blog to you. Well if your name isn’t Chuck you probably won’t understand. I have spent my life, since the 9th grade, dealing with this joke. In the 9th grade my family moved from North Carolina to Florida and I decided, since no one knew me at the new school, to begin being known as Chuck instead of Charles. Well I was unprepared for the old familiar joke of, “what’s up Chuck?” In case you don’t know, “up chuck” is slang for “having to vomit”. So, for years I have been asked that question, only to get the expected laugh from the one who asked. So I thought this would be a good name for my new blog….I hope you agree. Well here is my first post. Here today on this twenty-second day of January in the year of our Lord, 2005. I expect I will post again tomorrow and let you know all about the excitement of my weekend but for now I think I will close this one out. I guess I should go spend some time with my family. Oh, by the way, feel free to add my new site to your blogrolls or links. Just ask the question, “What’s Up Chuck?”

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?